Friday, December 31, 2010

On Order

I've just placed an order for the New Zealand Motorcycle Atlas by Peter Mitchell.

When I first learned of this book I started shopping around for it. Generally speaking it was priced at around $30 ($121 from Amazon), but found it for $23.96 at Dymocks online store (it had come down in price since I first started looking). I selected regular postage as, with New Years, and the weekend, it won't get here until Monday/Tuesday, and I go back to work on Tuesday anyway. So I decided to save some pennies and just get it sent the slow way.

In other news, I went for a 280+Km ride yesterday. I stopped at BP Logandale to fill up before heading along the back roads to Canungra for a coffee. Then out to Binna Burra and back to Beechmont before heading to Natural Bridge for a Bacon and Egg Burger ($10.40 and worth it, IMO). I got back on the bike and continued on my route to bypass Murwillumbah and head to Currimbun Valley and Tellebudgera, then onto the M1 at Burleigh, and home. I fueled-up at the BP at Mt Cotton Rd with 271km between fuel-ups, and an economy of 4.2L/100km. It was an awesome day, but some hard work.

While at Canungra I trialed the lock to see how convenient it is in practice. It actually worked quite well in securing my jacket, and it fit in one of the small internal pockets of my tank bag.

I got a lot of riding footage thanks to my VIO POV1, including a car merging into my lane at speeds of around 110Km/h. If I get around to it, I might post some footage on YouTube.

1 comment:

  1. Here's a link to the route I took. I've had to use Tiny URL to make it manageable, but will show the stops on my little adventure.
    http://tinyurl.com/2wwwboa

    ReplyDelete